Letter to My Little One

Dear Baby Boy,
When did you stop being a baby?  When did this little boy emerge, so independent and full of ideas and opinions?  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was introducing you to new things, showing you textures and foods.  Now here you are exploring on your own and bringing things to me with new excitement!  Everything is an adventure.  Whether it's a piece of grass, your trucks, or pointing at the cat for the millionth time, everything is new and exciting. Each new word you learn is said and repeated again and again with such pride.  The little baby that I loved so much has turned into a little boy that I love even more.  Instead of trying to keep you awake until bedtime, it's now you who is tiring me out early!  You no longer watch me put blocks together, but instead build them into tall towers yourself.  I love your creativity and your energy.  I loved seeing your smile today as we looked at the fish in the pet store.  I love hearing you say "Buh!" and point to the birds.  Your dance moves are adorable and your smile is infectious.  You brighten my day before I even get out of bed.  I love for who you are.  Dear Little Boy, I loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I will love you tomorrow.
Love, Mom

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Prayed for This Child

Cupcakes

When Words Don't Come