A Fraction of a Century

Many of you will laugh and scoff at me, but I did not want to turn 25. I had teachers when I was in high school who turned 25. At 25, you are no longer in your "early 20s". When you get carded at a restaurant, you want to roll your eyes because 21 seemed so long ago. Plus it's the first one where you get called a part of a century. No one tells you that you are a 5th of a century on your 20th birthday or a 10th of a century when you turn 10. But now I am a quarter of a century. The gloomy weather seems to emphasize this.

24 was an interesting year to say the least. Diagnosis of Celiac disease and fibromyalgia, starting the process of foster parent certification, job stress... But it was also an amazing year of learning who I am and who God is calling me to be. To be cliche, diamonds are not made simply by wishing coal to be valuable and gold is refined through fire. Am I done being refined? Absolutely not. But I enter this next year with a greater sense of vision and purpose. So I am determined to enter 25 with grace and style. There is great comfort in knowing who you are.

Comments

  1. sweet, Kali :) Happy Birthday! I remember looking at you after you were born, thinking, what a gift from God, I am filled with so much wonder and awe. You are beautiful, my daughter, my gift, handprint on my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Prayed for This Child

Cupcakes

When Words Don't Come