My Own Interior Designer

I will never again say that my husband isn't handy. I had no idea when I got married that I was marrying a closet interior designer. Not only does he have a great eye for how to arrange things, he also sees possibility in everything. The newest project is a wine rack. I've been wanting a better place to store wine than the pantry floor and have been browsing the internet for suitable wall hanging wine racks so that we didn't have to find floor or counter space in the … well, we really don't have floor or counter space anywhere. Baby stuff takes up way more room than you every think it will! Our kitchen has an incredibly unique feature that I have grown to love: a roof. Not one that you can see out the window, but one that hangs from the kitchen wall over the dining area. Why? No idea. But it adds much needed character and is a great place to hang Christmas lights.





So my incredibly clever husband devised a way to create a $10 hanging wine rack using hooks and paint. Putting in a couple hours on a lazy Saturday was well worth the effort. The result: a fantastic, attractive, and inexpensive wine rack. Never discount a strange aesthetic in your house as being completely useless!

Comments

  1. Bravo, Zach, well done :) How many bottles of wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says to put in the fridge 20-30 min before you want to open a bottle (reason being, heat rises :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Prayed for This Child

Cupcakes

When Words Don't Come