Merry Christmas/Happy New Year!

What in the world happened to Christmas?  I'm pretty sure that the last time I looked at the calendar, it was December 1st.  This holiday season flew like no other, and we were so blessed by our time with family and close friends.  With thankful hearts we briefly recap our year:

January:  I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and began an outpatient pain management program while Zach tried to take control of his first class of middle schoolers at Valadez Middle School Academy.  Wonderful friends and family threw us two baby showers and encouraged us as we continued working towards our foster care certification.

February:  We celebrated our third anniversary!

March:  I turned 25 and survived.

April: We finished our foster care certification and were immediately visited by the stork - we brought Baby M home, and our lives will never be the same.  We spent an incredible week on vacation in Cayucos with Zach's family.

May:  We decided to put a hold on my graduate program while I learned to manage my pain with a little one.  We fell more in love.

June:  My family visited us from Colorado to meet M for the first time.


July:  Zach began his new teaching job at Synergy Kinetic Charter Academy in South LA.  

August:  We went camping for the first time with good friends in Zion National Park; absolutely breathtaking scenery and a lot of fun!

September: Baby M turned 1, celebrated in a Monsters Inc. themed party; he and I traveled to Colorado to spend time with family

October:  M begins walking and I begin taking more naps :)  We also moved to our new house, enjoying being so close to Zach's family.  

November:  CO family visits again!  I've learned that the trick to seeing your parents more often is to give them a grandchild.  

December:  We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas in our new home and celebrating traditions with Zach's family.  

The greatest lesson we have learned over the year is that when you place your life into God's hands and really let go, he will take you places you never dreamed. We pray that you might dream big as well over the coming year.  Thank you for being an important part of our life!

Comments

  1. what a year!!! you two are absolutely wonderful and I love reading these! I miss you so much!!...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Prayed for This Child

Cupcakes

When Words Don't Come